I delegated and managed several creative resources as I oversaw the creative account on SoftBank Robotics for Pepper the Robot on a 360 creative campaign. The 360 creative campaign included print, web, social, email, trade shows, internal marketing materials, photoshoots and POP displays, all while working directly with the creative director, lead copywriter, print production, programmers and account team.
In 2014, Pepper the Robot was launched in Japan for the B2C market. The Japanese public embraced and adopted Pepper into their lives. With so much success, SoftBank Robotics figured it was time to bring Pepper to the United States using the same B2C Brand Marketing Strategy plan that was used in Japan.
Guess what! It failed.
In 2016, SoftBank Robotics hired Midnight Oil Agency in Burbank, California to re-brand Pepper for the US Market. After doing our market research, we realized that over 68% of Americans hated the idea of a Robot coming in and potentially stealing their jobs. That’s when we decided, the long-term objective for Pepper should be a B2B Brand Marketing Strategy plan.
In doing so we have managed to land a few partnerships, including Westfield Malls, b8ta stores and Sprint for all of their business clients and retail customers. Using human emotions and behaviors, market research, brand strategy and the true consumer need for Pepper, we managed to save SoftBank Robotics for the US Market. BOOM!
• Oversaw, art directed, concept, managed and designed for the complete 360 creative campaign account. Includes print, web, social, email, trade shows, internal marketing materials, photoshoots and POP displays.
• Delegated and managed several creative resources.
• Worked directly with the creative director, lead copywriter, print production, internal programmers, account team.
• Produced comps/betas/storyboards for client presentations.
• Applied designs to POP trade show displays.
• Worked directly with Pepper the Robot and her AI functionality